- related material: 『Data Mining』-written by Ian H. Witten
- Category: Divide and conquer technique: Decision Tree
- Divide and conquer algorithms for Decision Tree
- So called “Top-down Pseudo Decision Tree Guidance Method
- Developed & improved J.Ross Quinlan(wiki)
- The scheme based on the information gain is identical with the ID3 scheme basically
- The scheme which use the gain ratio is one of the improved scheme several times over years
- Improvements are applied to the ID3 scheme in series, at last the practical, influential decision tree guidance system so called C4.5 is made.
- C4.5 has a way to create a rule from the numerical attribute, the missing properties, the data processing method, and the tree that contains the error.
2,856 total views, 10 views today